1.      How do I obtain a police report?

A copy of a police report can be obtained by contacting the Records Bureau Monday -Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. 201-261-0200 x238


2.      What is required to obtain a handicapped parking permit?

Handicapped parking placards are available for anyone who is either temporarily or permanently handicapped. According to state statute, the Police Department may only issue temporary handicapped permits. The permit can be downloaded HERE and must be signed by your physician and then the Chief of Police.


3.      How do I make an appointment to have my child safety seat installed or inspected?

 Appointments for having a child safety seat either inspected or installed, can be made by calling the Oradell Police Department’s main phone number 201-261-0200. Please leave your name, address and phone number and a certified child safety seat Officer will return your call to set up an appointment.


4.      Can I park my vehicle on the street overnight? What about when snow is falling?

 Pursuant to Borough Ordinance 280-17, No vehicles shall be parked or placed on any street in the Borough between the hours of 2:00 am and 6:00 am. However, temporary permission of no more than two nights can be granted by clicking on the overnight parking section of our website. If inclement weather is expected, the Police Department will not grant permission for overnight street parking.


5.      If I install a home security system, do I have to register it with the Borough?

Yes. Any home alarm system must be registered with the Borough. If you would like to register your alarm system please contact the Records Bureau Mon-Fri between 9:00am and 4:00pm. 201-261-0200 x238

6.        I received a ticket. What do I do?

If you received a ticket and it is eligible to be paid without a required court appearance, you can do so HERE. If your summons requires a court appearance or you wish to plead not guilty, please contact the PARAMUS MUNICIPAL COURT.


7.        Can I call the police department to report a problem and still remain anonymous?

Yes, there is no requirement to provide your personal information when calling the police department to report a problem. However, providing the police with contact information can be extremely helpful to responding Officers. Officers who do not have proper contact information for the person making the complaint often times have difficulty verifying the circumstances or location of the complaint. Simply providing your phone number can be the difference between a complaint being resolved or the officers being unable to locate the complaint.


8.        Is there a waiting period before I can report somebody as missing?

 No, that is a common misconception. You can report someone missing the moment you are concerned about his/her whereabouts.


9.     I just moved to Oradell and would like to park my vehicle in the Municipal Parking Lots. What do I do?

Residential parking permits are available to all residents who wish to park in the Municipal parking lots during daytime hours. You can pick up a residential parking permit at the Oradell Police Department front desk. Please provide your license and vehicle registration.

If you have recently moved and you have not yet changed your address on your vehicle’s registration, a Police Officer will provide you with a temporary parking permit until you have changed your address.


10.     How do I obtain a motor vehicle accident report?

The Oradell Police Department uses an automated crash report system called Ecrash. The Officer taking the report will give you a business card with all the information you need to access your report online. A report will typically take 3-5 business days to be approved. You can access the Ecrash website HERE.

11.    What do I do if my garbage was not picked up?

Any concerns regarding garbage pickup or removal can be addressed by contacting the Oradell DPW @ 201-261-8610 between the hours of 9:00 am and 2:00 pm. A full schedule of garbage and recycling dates can be viewed HERE.


Recently, there have been sightings of coyotes within the Borough. The sightings are scarce and no aggressive behavior toward humans have been reported to the police. The coyotes are wildlife that live among us. But to insure your safety you can follow these precautions regarding coyotes in the area or visit the NJ Division of Fish & Wildlife website.

  • Never feed a coyote.

  • Feeding cats outdoors can attract coyotes. the coyotes will feed on the pet food and also prey on cats.

  • Put garbage in tightly closed containers that cannot be tipped over.

  • Remove sources of water

  • Bring pets in at night.

  • Put away bird feeders at night to avoid attracting rodents and other coyote prey.

  • Provide secure enclosures for rabbits, poultry and other farm animals

  • Although EXTREMELY RARE, coyotes have been known to attack humans. Parents should monitor their children, even in familiar surroundings, such as backyards.

  • Install motion-sensitive lighting around the house

  • Clear brush and dense weeds from around dwellings. This reduces protective cover for coyotes and makes the area less attractive to rodents and rabbits. Coyotes are attracted to areas where rodents are concentrated.

  • If coyotes are present, make sure they know they are not welcome, make loud noises, blast a canned air siren, throw rocks, or spray them with garden hoses.

If you observe a coyotes acting aggressive or you believe that they may be rabid, immediately call the Oradell Police Department.